Friday 20 January 2012

everyday products



My daily products... most of which, admittedly will be in my January Favourites post!


On my face, it's been rather natural - instead of heavy moisturizer in the morning, the Garnier BB Cream in Light has been everything I needed. It's lightweight, and adds a tiny pop of coverage, enough to make a good base for my foundation. The Vichy Dermablend in Opal is still my foundation of choice lately. It's high coverage, but still looks natural. I use the tiniest amount and it hides my dreaded redness (bane. of. my. life) and any blemishes I have. It's a great colour match for NC15 skin. As for blush, I can now afford to wear pink cheeks now my redness is hidden. The MAC Blush ombre in Azalea Blossom has just launched with the Daphne Guinness collection, but I believe it's a repromote. It's not terribly pigmented, which I'm  thankful for. It's a cool pink blending to a lavender, which looks beautiful on these cold winter days.


As for eyes, it's rather monotonous. As always, my Urban Decay Naked Palette is my daily eyeshadows of choice. A perfect collection of my typical colours (could kill for a lovely taupey purple though.. Naked2 is calling I think), especially Smog, which looks amazing smudged along the lash line as well as on the lid. For my eyebrows, I've kept it simple with the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown which just keeps my brows in place and adds a touch of definition without looking too stupid. Finally is a mascara I'm not going to talk too much about, as I'm going to write a review about it soon, but it's the YSL Volume Effect Faux Cills in Black. 


Cherry Carmex for those dry days as always! Quite a YSL feast here, first is the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in No4, a gorgeous watermelon red/pink which looks amazing during the day and at night. To top it off during the day, I wear either of these two glosses, which are the YSL Gloss Pur's in no4 & no5. Love these - smell like watermelon, don't stick and lovely colour payoff. 

January favourites post and maybe video is on it's way! 

1 comment: